Redshift is a work of speculative fiction, recently launched and currently being published in serialized format here and through our Patreon page. PDFs of each issue are currently available below. If you enjoy the project, please consider becoming a subscriber-patron for as little as $1 per month.
WRITERS: SCROLL DOWN BELOW THE ISSUE LIST FOR SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
CURRENT OFFER $20 FOR AN ACCEPTED SUBMISSION
Complete Issue List:
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL ISSUES
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic writers to contribute to the official Redshift serial canon. If you would like to submit a story for possible acceptance and first-publication here on Past Go, please follow these guidelines:
- Be familiar with the characters and the story so far. Read the issue summaries. Read at least a few of the complete issues ensure that your story is consistent with the characters, plot, and tone.
- For the time being, stories may be written in any historical period and geographic setting on Earth, prior to 1942.
- Some issues are written in the present-tense. Your submission is not required to be.
- Keep your story “self-contained” (no “two-part episodes” at present) and limited to 7,500 words or fewer.
- Submissions should include and not be limited to: (a) the advancement/evolution of Reginald’s powers and personality, (b) conflicts that involve difficult moral choices, (c) subtle statements about contemporary, real-world social issues, and/or (d) philosophical inquiry/musings.
- Save your story as a Word document and send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write REDSHIFT SUBMISSION in the subject line. In the body of the e-mail, please provide us with your contact information and any personal remarks or questions you might have.
- If we are considering your submission, we may wish to collaborate with you on editing in order to maintain continuity both with previous issues and planned future issues.
- If your submission is accepted, we will follow-up with you to discuss any editing/publishing concerns and to sign the agreement.
- Current payment for an accepted submission is $20 U.S.
- Current schedule for publication is once per month. Current submission window is open. We will respond to you as soon as possible upon receipt of your submission. Any and all of these parameters may change.
If you enjoy what we produce here at Past Go, please consider becoming a patron of ours on Patreon. Even the smallest donation is gratefully received. May you be happy.