Announcement dated August 2, 2016:
Greetings! For those of you who might not know, Redshift is the title of a serialized work of fiction that we are publishing monthly here on Past Go and on our Patreon site. I have written the first three issues so far; Issue #4 will be published later this month.
As announced in this month’s newsletter, we are now accepting submissions from independent writers for individual installments of Redshift. Currently, we are offering $10 for an accepted story, but we are hoping to increase that as revenue increases. If you or anyone you know is an avid reader and writer of speculative fiction, please scroll down below or visit the Redshift main page for current submission guidelines. Thank you for your consideration!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL ISSUES
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic writers to contribute to the official Redshift serial canon. If you would like to submit a story for possible acceptance and first-publication here on Past Go, please follow these guidelines:
- Be familiar with the characters and the story so far. Read the issues that have been published already and ensure that your story is consistent with the characters, plot, and tone.
- For the time being, stories may be written in any historical period and geographic setting on Earth, prior to 1942.
- Some issues are written in the present-tense. Your submission is not required to be.
Keep your story “self-contained” (no “two-part episodes” at present) and limited to 7,500 words or fewer.
- Submissions should include and not be limited to: (a) the advancement/evolution of Reginald’s powers and personality, (b) conflicts that involve difficult moral choices, (c) subtle statements about contemporary, real-world social issues, and/or (d) philosophical inquiry/musings.
- Save your story as a Word document and send it as an attachment to email@example.com. Write REDSHIFT SUBMISSION in the subject line. In the body of the e-mail, please provide us with your contact information and any personal remarks or questions you might have.
If we are considering your submission, we may wish to collaborate with you on editing in order to maintain continuity both with previous issues and planned future issues.
If your submission is accepted, we will follow-up with you to discuss any editing/publishing concerns and to sign the agreement.
- Current payment for an accepted submission is $10 U.S.
- Current schedule for publication is once per month. Current submission window is open. We will respond to you as soon as possible upon receipt of your submission. Any and all of these parameters may change.
If you enjoy what we produce here at Past Go, please consider becoming a patron of ours on Patreon. Even the smallest donation is gratefully received. May you be happy.